Base 64 Converter is a lightweight application designed to convert text strings and files into the Base 64 format. All of its code runs in the browser, which means that no data is sent to us during the encoding process.
The application was explicitly designed to be as simple and as lightweight possible, as many of the free Base 64 encoder-decoders out there are full of clutter and visual bloat — it is not easy to navigate about these applications at all.
The converter comes with a variety of options for different situations. It is able to receive files in both text and file formats, as well as output the result in a format to be used as an inline web resource.
- Version 0.4.0, 1 January 2021: Added image compression options when converting image files into Base 64.
- Version 0.3.0, 5 December 2020: Added a Live View mode, which converts text content to Base 64 as you type.
- Version 0.2.3, 18 September 2020: Fixed a display issue with the display of the title image.
- Version 0.2.2, 1 September 2020: Replaced our contact email address with a contact form.
- Version 0.2.1, 20 July 2020: Fixed an issue with converting files when using "Output for web". Also removed the decode button because there was not much use for it, and replaced it with a text that showed the size of the output.
- Version 0.2.0, 19 July 2020: Interface improvement — the input area automatically switches over to the file upload one when a file is dragged over the text input.
- Version 0.1.1, 23 October 2019: Fixed the program outputting an invalid Base 64 digest when processing a file.
As a recently-released application, this converter is still a work-in-progress. The most immediate feature planned for it is support for different character encoding types. We are also testing the application for bugs, so please send any bugs you find using our contact form here!
In future, we are planning to also add the following features:
- Chunking of output data into rows, for readability and use in certain applications.
- Proper handling of newline across Windows and Unix platforms.
Thank you for using Base 64 Converter!